Saturday, February 16, 2008

On Seeing Old (and Dear) Friends

Last night I had a wonderful evening out to dinner with a couple of my old gal pals that I had not seen in a long time. We have been trying to get together for months and something just kept getting in the way - family obligations, weather, health. So finally last evening we all were able to meet and catch up on the comings and goings in our individual lives. What fun!

We, of course, gossiped. We got that out of the way first! These are gals I used to work with before I retired and I just had to know all the juicy stuff - and there was plenty of it! But then the talk progressed to sharing things about our families, what we have been up to lately and what we hope to do in the near future. We even made plans to get together again soon for a long afternoon. Wow! I sure hope that happens.

I had forgotten how very important it is to keep in close touch with friends. I think you get something friends that you cannot get from family. It is not to say it is better - it is just different. It was great to be wrapped in the warmth of friends and I promise that I will not let that much time go by before we get together again! Thanks gals for a wonderful evening!

No comments: