Friday, April 18, 2008

Tried Something New



One of my best clients at my shop on etsy Custom Ordered these bags. She plans to use them as Sock Knitting Project Bags. They are about 8 inches high and have a 6 inches across the round bottom.

When she placed the order and requested the special fabric, I was very excited to work out a pattern to make the bags to her specifications. After several stops and starts, I finally got them to come out ok. I tell you - the round bottom thing was not as easy as I thought it was going to be! I am sure there is a secret formula somewhere is sewing land with tricks on how to make this application easy. But, I don't know the secret so I struggled to have the circumference of the upper bag match the circumference of the circle bottom.

Anyway, I am thinking about making a few more in various sizes and giving them a try on etsy. There are other people who also make them so I am a little hesitant about stepping on toes. But my fabric choices usually are a little outside the norm so maybe I would be appealing to a different audience.

Let me know what you think of the bags and about my listing them on etsy. More importantly - if you know the "trick" to easy application of the round bottom - PLEASE SHARE!

No comments: