Friday, July 18, 2008

Introducing a New Product on etsy



This is a new product that I designed and am going to be selling at my shop on etsy.
While it probably looks pretty much like all the other Needle Organizer Rolls that I have been selling this one is designed to serve a different audience. This Needle Roll is for holding Interchangeable Needle Tips and Cables. Many knitters have switched from buying all sizes of Circular Needle to just buying several cables and different size tips. It probably comes out being cheaper in the long run. And, I would assume that it makes it much easier to switch needle size in the middle of a pattern.
This bag features twelve slots that are 1 1/2 inches wide to hold the tips. And there are six slots that are 3 1/4 wide for holding the cables and other knitting accessories. As always, I have included a flap that comes all the way down over the tips/cables to prevent slippage.
My only problem with the product at this time is that I do not own any tips/cables so I was unable to photograph the bag filled. Buyers are better able to visualize how they will use the bag if they can see this. So, if I plan to make and sell a number of these, I will have to run out and purchase some needle tips and cables. I am sure that I will use them myself once I have them on hand.
So, I what do you think? Am I on to something here? Any suggestion on how to improve this item? Because I don't currently use the tips/cables I have to rely on those who do to tell me what they need or want in this kind of storage bag. Thanks!

1 comment:

Vintage Tracy said...

I say go buy a set. Trish says they're really cool and tons of people love them.