Saturday, February 6, 2010

Changing

Wow! I have been really, really negligent with this blog. I knew it has been a while - just didn't realize how long of a while it had been.

I guess it is because I have been so busy with my shops on etsy. I have 2 now so I keep going back and forth between the two and never seem to have time for anything else. I have greatly scaled back on the grannyscloset shop while I try to figure out what I want to start making in the handmade category next.

Most of my time lately has been in the I Love Vintage Stuff shop that I share with my daughters. Vintage and antiques has always been where my heart was and I am so much enjoying getting back to it. There is something about the hunt for vintage/antiques that just makes it ever so satisfying to me.

In case you have not discovered it, etsy is a most wonderful place! It is a site that was established for people who make stuff and they want to sell it - all kinds of stuff - fine art, jewelry, clothing, bizarre stuff. Just think it and it is probably there. Later on, etsy also included persons who were selling vintage stuff (vintage being 20 years or older). When I saw that, I was thrilled. Now I could work with both of my loves all in the same place!

So, I am going to start a new series in my blog. Hopefully this will entice me to be more proactive with this blog stuff and maybe upload some pictures now and again. I am going to try at least once a week to may a blog entry to highlight some of the GREAT FINDS on etsy. I probably will try to have a theme to each entry. I know for sure that I am going to mix it up as much as possible - some HANDMADE and some VINTAGE. I love both!

So my next blog entry will be my first in the series. Hopefully it won't be the last! Give me some feedback. Do you like it? Have a theme suggestions. Get a new hobby?

1 comment:

Vintage Tracy said...

Looking forward to your new series. You should also enlighten the world on all those cool finds you come up with in the vintage realm. Like what the heck is a shoe clip and why would anyone have wanted one?! Us "young snots" (granny's words) don't know what that stuff is...