Sunday, February 7, 2010

Time To Get Your Green on - Etsy Style!

You know what they say - On St. Patrick's Day everybody is Irish! So now is the time to get your GREEN on!

I was browsing around etsy and checking out all the St. Patrick's Day stuff trying to select some items to help me kick off my series to showcase the many shopping opportunities available on this astounding site. I really had a hard time making my selections - but here goes...........






In the HANDMADE category, I love this great pillowcase dress made by Little Sweetie Boutique. I can just see a sweet little leprechaun dancing around in it! Check out the whole shop. She has tons more of these lovely pillowcase dress in all kinds of fabric themes. I am sure you will find something there to please any little girl on your list. Most are available in the size of your choice from 6 months to 5 years.



On the VINTAGE side of things, I picked this really super
nice rhinestone Shamrock brooch. You will find this
in CricketCapers shop. While you are there, check out
all the other wonderful vintage items showcased there
They really run the gambit - clothes, purses, jewelry an
so much more!





Further checking into the many VINTAGE items out there is etsy land, I discovered this really neat Irish Mug in YesterdaysMemories09 shop. Can't you just see yourself sipping a cup of Irish Coffee? Need a recipe? Check this site - they have a bunch! cooks.com. If you are looking for some unique and interesting VINTAGE items - this shop is a good place to start your search.








My final find in the HANDMADE arena, was this super Kiss Me, I'm Irish apron by Grandma Hansen. Maybe you could put this on while you are whipping up that Irish Coffee! This shop is loaded with all kinds of neat stuff! She has aprons for every occasion. Many NFL themed aprons, aprons for kids, bonnets and hats for toddlers - just lots of fun stuff!




Well, that's it for my first in this on-going series to highlight all the talented folks over at etsy. I am setting a goal of once a week. I am going to try to change up the theme and keep a good mixture of both HANDMADE and VINTAGE. I welcome suggestions about themes for this series. In the meantime, check out etsy and see what you have been missing!

1 comment:

Iris said...

What a great blog! I feel like I simply must get one going but I am not nearly as clever as the writers of the blogs I see - especially blogs about Etsy. The St. Patrick's Day items are fabulous. Thanks for including one from my shop at http://www.yesterdaysmemories09.etsy.com.
Iris Roberson
Kansas City, Missouri USA